A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

I have a 2003 ford f150 6cyl. It wants to stall on take off

Customer Question

I have a 2003 ford f150 6cyl. It wants to stall on take off from time to time sometimes it dies shifting from reverse to drive.Whats the deal?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I agree, it could be out of time, but it also can be an issue in the vacuum line system somewhere. See if your mechanic has a smoke machine that can test all the vacuum lines to see if any are leaking. If one is leaking, it can cause this.

you've changed so much of the other items that it leaves only these 2.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have had my mechanic do a smoke test already. I have been in the automobile business all my life from auto parts sales from high school to working for Volkswagon and Toyota to owning my own business. My question as was part of the original
question, is how do you time this vehicle with out a distributor?
Expert:  HDGENE replied 4 months ago.

Hello, ignition timing is not adjustable on this engine, it is goverened by the PCM.Only things that affect timing is the multiple sensor inputs that will affect timing control. Whats going on?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 4 months ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  A. Penland replied 4 months ago.

Do you have any way of checking for trouble codes on this vehicle?