Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

My issue is that when i reset my "change engine oil" message

Customer Question

hi pearl, my issue is that when i reset my "change engine oil " message to 100% life it dosen"t hold and resets back to warning message. is this a sign that something else may be wrong?
JA: What size is your engine? How many miles since your last oil change?
Customer: its a v-6 2006 ford explorer with 128000 miles and last oil change was 100 miles ago.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i don't care who fixes it. i've tried the standard steps. i'm having other problems that don't throw a code and was wondering if this is related. my cooling fan locks on after driving for about 10 minutes causeing a roaring sound. then shuts down by itself and everything normal. usually city driving, can happen in park when egine revs. slight loss of power while this occurs when driving.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

If you start the vehicle then reset it to 100% then drive, does it change back during that drive or only when the vehicle is shut off and restarted?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris