Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

I am the owner of a 2008 Ford Fusion SE. NEVER had any

Customer Question

Hello Pearl, I am the owner of a 2008 Ford Fusion SE. NEVER had any problems with my car. My engine light cam on about 10 days ago and I also hear rattling in the top of my engine. When I accelerate from 0-20 I hear the engine sound like it's racing. I don't lose power an the car seems to accelerate just find. I am very concerned about what can be causing the rattling noise in my engine and how to find out what's causing it.
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?
Customer: There have been no replacements on the car so everything is 2008. No I didn't check the fuel filters
JA: What is the model of your '08 Ford?
Customer: SE 4 door sedan
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have taken to a mechanic in my area and am trying to have repairs done myself
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Hello Pearl???
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

Can you have it scanned so I know which code is stored? If not most pats stores will scan or free.

Is the rattle from the engine occurring while under throttle or load like on a hill or accelerating up a hill? If so then we need to diagnose spark knock.

Is the rattle from the engine occurring most all the time? If so then this can be a oil pressure, or valve train issue, or oil sludge issue that we need to diagnose.

If you're confused on what to do now or later. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.