Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I have a 1995 ford F250 with 5.8L just replaced the front

Customer Question

I have a 1995 ford F250 with 5.8L just replaced the front tank and pump. now the truck runs slightly rough on rear tank (ran fine before on rear tank and pump replaced) and barely runs on new front tank and pump. What is confusing is that I have about 48 psi rear tank, and 75 psi on new front tank. also when you turn the key on the fuel pressure rises VERY slowly.... Any ideas? Pressure regulator?
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: Park..... As in steering wheel locked when off??? Yes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes trying to fix myself..... Just the fuel pressure test
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Normal pressure on a properly operating fuel pump should be right at 28 to 45. If you are getting 75 PSI then that to much pressure . Start first with making sure the return line in not restricted and that the fuel is able to be returned to the tank its being drawn from. A bad regulator would affect both fuel tanks. Let get the fuel return checked on this tank and we can work from there.