rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I have a 2004 Ford Escape 6 cylinder many miles on it

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Ford Escape 6 cylinder many miles on it started having trouble with climbing hills loss of power high rpms and motor sounds funny help
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though,Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is appreciated. JA is a great place, but it does NOT replace a shop. My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time. Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

Three things will cause this, a plugged fuel filter, weak fuel pump or plugged catalytic converter.

Thanks, Ron