Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

2000 Ford Explorer ax problem. It worked great till last

Customer Question

2000 Ford Explorer ax problem. It worked great till last week then it stopped. Things I've done checked relay under hood have switched power at one terimal constant power at other freon test is good low switch is good. I've unhooked low switch I have current there reconnect it I have current to the high switch but if I jump this switch I loose all power to the low and high safety switches love run a negative wire from the relay to ground I get the compressor to run but it will freeze up from running all the time. Is there a cycle switch some where?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: Starts great runs great has 206000 on it
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: In last statement
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I believe that's it other than the blower works great just the compressor will not engage by itself
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP