rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I have a Ford F-150 1992, When the engine warm up it misses.

Customer Question

I have a Ford F-150 1992, When the engine warm up it misses. What is causing this?
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though, please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger. This is a great site, but it doesn’t replace a shop or necessary tools.

Faulty ignition parts or fuel injectors can both cause this. You would be better off right now to have the codes read that have been set in the computer to better help us find the real issue. Most parts stores will read your codes for free.

Thanks, Ron