rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

My 1995 FORD BRONCO 5.8 Eng runs rough on startup until ck

Customer Question

My 1995 FORD BRONCO 5.8 Eng runs rough on startup until ck eng light comes on, then runs smooth, until next startup?
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though,Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

To eliminate all the guess work, you need to attach a scan tool to the computer system to get the codes to give us more direction. You can only check for vacuum leaks externally unless you have a smoke machine to check lower intake gaskets. May even be fuel injectors dirty.

Thanks, Ron

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 3 months ago.

I accepted your call, but payment was not there yet.

Thanks, Ron

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 3 months ago.

Please remember to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on. Looks like JA is having a phone issue.

Thanks again, we'll just talk here.