Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609

2016 ford f250 6,7 powerstoke turbo - Turbo stopped working

Customer Question

2016 ford f250 6,7 powerstoke turbo -
Turbo stopped working on*****trip 100 miles in.
Then began to slow down 50 miles later and produce a lot of black smoke,
Then it had the message exhaust filter overload, drive to clean, while constantly cleaning too.
20 miles later engine slowed to less than 5 miles an hour pouring tons of smoke.
Turned engine off then on with a 3' flame out of the tail pipe every time i started.
When turbo stopped sounded like something hit in the front drives side engine compartment?
What might be the issue(s)?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Don't drive the truck. Get it towed to Ford on your warranty. If you keep driving it with the issue, you will void the warranty and be buying a new exhaust system.

Sounds like the dosing valve for the filter blew the tip off and you are over fueling it. That exhaust system can flame the same way back to the engine and cost you a $30k engine. I highly suggest you tow it to Ford and let them handle it under warranty. It is covered on this new of a year.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!