Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

After replacing the thermostate I had a hard time installing

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, after replacing the thermostate I had a hard time installing the power steering reservoir and now is leaking, I had replaced the O ring, what`s the best way to install
JA: Have you checked the power steering fluid? Will the wheel turn at all?
Customer: I ve put fluid after installation
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: Fusion 2007, the power steering pump was ok before replacing the thermostat, I believe that the reservoir is not seating tight, whats the best way to clamp the reservoir please because the upper clamp was hard to force in place and the reservoir slightly loose.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, the upper & lower clamps propbly loose after trying to place the reservoir more than 10 times.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

What liter engine?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.
  • With the information you did provide, you may have cracked the reservoir.

Thanks Chris