Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I took out the camshaft synchronizer to put in a new one and

Customer Question

I took out the camshaft synchronizer to put in a new one and a long rod at the end of the camshaft came out with it - how do I remove it and put it on the new camshaft?
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2004 Ford Freestar van 4.2 engine
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 115000 miles and it is an automatic
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes - I have just to put in the new camshaft rod just as soon as I get the long shaft off the old one that I removed
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no that is it
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

Its the oil pump shaft that has come out. You should be able to just pull it out of the old synchronizer to install in the replacement. Here is a link on the Ford steps if it would help.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/oilpumpshaft.pdf

If you're confused on what to do now or later. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris