Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2016 f350 and my check engine light came on abs

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hi. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I have a 2016 f350 and my check engine light came on abs it's the diesel particulate filter code What do I do
JA: Does the light stay on solid or does it flicker? Any noticeable performance problems lately?
JA: What is the model of your '16 Ford?
Customer: Stays on F350
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
JA: Huh?
Customer: I've just pulled codes that's it. Is there a quick fix or is it safe to drive?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I'm pulling 9000 lbs of weight on the interstate across colorado, so that might have something to do with it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 4 months ago.

Hello, what is the code number that is being set for the DPF system?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 4 months ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

The DPF warning will come on sometimes when a exhaust regen cycle is needed to clean out the DPF to remove the ash. Has this been done? Yes you can continue to drive but it will eventually reduce engine power meaning you must then stop to have it repaired.

If you're confused on what to do now or later. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris