Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

Replaced steering column tube now wind wipers wont radio

Customer Question

replaced steering column tube now wind wipers wont radio wont work /and air only blows through defrost
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: yes / could i be a relay
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2000 f 350
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: we look to see if any plugs came unplug when we fix tube
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

What liter engine?

Can you go into more detail on tube, are you referring to the shift tube that runs along the top?

Have you checked the fuses for the radio?

On the wipers since you were messing with the column, it possible a wire has come loose from the multifunction switch connector. For the air blowing only out the defrost that is no vacuum getting to the HVAC control.

If you're confused on what to do now or later. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you a lot of help but I got it fixed it turned out to be a 50 amp fuse blown on one side of it

Glad you got it resolved.

Since you paid for help, is there another issue you would like me to help with so you can have a fix to rate me on?