Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

I have a 2005 Ford 250 pick-up and the trailer plug quit

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Ford 250 pick-up and the trailer plug quit working. No lites or Brakes.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

You have a blown fuse, check all fuses under the hood. There are hidden fuses for the hitch if the hitch was installed as an accessory after the truck was built. You can use a test light to check power at the trailer connector. Also make sure your connectors are free of corrosion on the trailer and the truck. Also check the trailer ground.

Please reply to this if you need more help, then we can continue this conversation. If not, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Remember, I do not get compensated for my time helping you unless you rate. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars. Please let me know why and how I can help you more. Thanks Dan

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This is a factory installed plug. There is a fuse for each item and the brakes. These have beencheckd.
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Do you have voltage at the plug in the back? That would be the next thing to check.

Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

Posts close in 7 days. That means you will not be able to contact me on this question.

You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Please use the 5 star rating system at the top of the screen, it would be appreciated.

If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars, please let me know why and how I can help you more.

I do not get compensated for my time and resources unless you rate me.

Thanks Dan