James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Fuel line is disabled I think and odometer is reading

Customer Question

Fuel line is disabled I think and odometer is reading dashes. It's a 2004 40th anniversary mustang.
JA: How has your mileage been lately? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: The car has been sitting since last December and from last October to December it was only driven a couple of blocks.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes we are trying to fix it ourselves. We are trying to figure out how to get the fuel going so it will crank over.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No not that I can think of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 10 months ago.
Hello, is the odometer is showing dashes then you have a network concern. This would also explain why the fuel pump isn't working. The first thing I would do is replace or swap the PCM power relay. That is the leading cause of this concern. Also look in your manual for a PCM diode in the fuse panel. If you have an AC diode you can switch the two and see if it works.