Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

I have a 2002 ford expediton xlt 4x4 when i t some bumps my

Customer Question

i have a 2002 ford expediton xlt 4x4when i hit some bumps my vechile squeaks when i turn my wheel my vehcile squeaks as well what could it be
Category: Ford
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 11 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So this is a pretty common thing. The culprit is the ball joint and tie rod ends.
To figure out which one is your noise maker you need to get under the vehicle while someone turns the tire back and forth and listen with a stethoscope to those two things. You may have both that are causing it but most likely it's just one of those. If you don't have a stethoscope you can feel them as it turns and you will probably feel the vibration.Just be careful so as not to get hurt as the person turns the wheel.Let me know if you have any questions.Thanks
Sonny
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
Thanks
Sonny