Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician
3195632

My engin light came on. Autozone said it is sensor code

Customer Question

My engin light came on. Autozone said it is sensor code P2073. Is this something I can replace or do I need to take it to a mechanic?
JA: Have you scanned the code? Have you tried to reset it?
Customer: How do I do that?
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2011 F250 SuperDuty diesel
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I hope so. Nothing yet
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I took it in because of a egt sensor recall light was on. I was told it was other sensors they said it was good to go 24 hours later the light came on.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.

HI,

Ok, this code is for MAF/MAP sensor to Throttle Position sensor correlation error at idle

Possible causes include leaks in either air intake or charge air cooler, fault in crankcase ventilation or faulty MAF sensor

Check the air intake tube from air cleaner to engine for disconnection, loose clamps, or cuts/holes in the tube and repair as needed. IF ok, check the turbo charge air piping for breaks or poor connections and repair as needed. If ok, check the pcv system for holes or crimps in pcv hose.

If ok, then replace the MAF/MAP sensor.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services.Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.