Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

My 99 ford ranger heat and a/c work but i can not get air to

Customer Question

my 99 ford ranger heat and a/c work but i can not get air to flow out and can not control the air flow between the defrost, center, or floor vents either
JA: HHave you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: no leaks. Its like the doors inside the hvac system are stuck
JA: What year is your Ranger?
Customer: 99
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: changed all the switches, and blower motor resistor too.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: there are three knobs that control the heat and ac. one controls the blower; works fine, the second controls the temp; works fine, but the last/ third controls the blending of the air between the floor and the defrost. I think it switch is both electrical and vacuum operated. I don't know what happens after the switch is there a motor or fuse involved
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

So on high blower speed there is never any air blowing out the defrost, dash or floor even on MAX AC?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.
  • With the info you did provide this looks to be a vacuum issue.

Thanks Chris