Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

Ford cmax engri a/c stops working on trip probably "freezes

Customer Question

Ford cmax engri a/c stops working on long trip probably "freezes Up" Dealer says they can't find problem
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

A stuck expansion valve can cause the evaporator to freeze. Also check freon level. You could have a restriction in the system, orifice tube, expansion valve stuck. You need a good set of manifold ac gauges to check both the high and the low side pressures when the ac is on.

If you need more help, we can continue this conversation. If not, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, I will try to give you the best answer I can. Remember, I do not get compensated for my time helping you unless you rate. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars. Please let me know why and how I can help you more. Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

Posts close in 7 days. That means you will not be able to contact me on this question.

You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Please use the 5 star rating system at the top of the screen, it would be appreciated.

If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars, please let me know why and how I can help you more.

I do not get compensated for my time and resources unless you rate me.

Thanks Dan

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
answer helped with dealer
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.