Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Is a 2008 S.D.6.4 disel stake truck started sliping when i

Customer Question

is a 2008 S.D.6.4 disel stake truck started sliping when i was driving home so i pull of the road also noticed that the gage went all to the cold mark.went to a friend and put on a computer and it come out with code PO0713.tooked to a garage and now they said that they change the sensor.but the computer does not recognised the change and that i need a new module?
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: yes mmy friend does that is how we fins out
JA: What is the model of your '08 Ford?
Customer: 08 ford 450sd 2wd rcab
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no i took it to a ford dealer in el cajon,ca
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i do not know what else i can tell the mecanic{dealers}they are only across the street from my house
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  cardoctor74 replied 3 months ago.

Was there any prior work before this started happening ?Do you still have the same code?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no the last time they {ford dealer}work on it was to change the oil and flush the antifreeze

Ok When you do clear the code the same one always comes back ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
now i do not have acces to my truck is at dealers mechanics. they just call me and told me about the module(413.00 dlls.)plus fluid change,sensor and their time about (1,000.00 dlls.)like if money grows in trees@#$%^&

What module did they say is bad dealers are horrible and will charge for things that don't need to be changed.