Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609

2009 ford fusion. started to brake moderately hard on ghway,

Customer Question

2009 ford fusion. started to brake moderately hard on highway, took foot off brake, pedal went down, brake locked up, car skidded to stop in passing lane. No accident happened, no one hurt. Mechanic thinks it may be an abs pump problem, is there a sensor to check first since the pump is so expensive. Mechanic is not sure.
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: I don't know
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no, I want to have someone else do it but I want it fixed the first time. What diagnostics can be done
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: right tire has bald spot from the quick stop and will need to be replaced. seems the right wheel stopped harder. Mechanic said calipers and brake lines checked out good.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I recommend having Ford or someone with the Ford IDS tool test this system for they can check to see if there are any electrical issues in the system. The issues does sound like a pump issue, but the Ford IDS can test that to be for cetain.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!