Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European

Trying to rebuild a 1977 F-150 stepside shortbed and cannot

Customer Question

Trying to rebuild a 1977 F-150 stepside shortbed and cannot find bedside panels. Apparently no longer made. Can you advise? Is the 57-72 same as 73-79 where the side panels are concerned? Can only find the 57-72 panels.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 3 months ago.

Hi there.

Have you tried LMC Trucks? Click here for link.

Best Regards.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
LMC was my first choice, but, they tell me nobody makes these parts. Have tried numerous others with same results......Can I use the 1957-1972 side panels to replace the 1973-1979 side panels that are no longer made?? That is my question.....not where to find them

Sorry about that... I'm afraid then the answer to your question is no. 1973 was a year when Ford made significant changes to the outside panels from the previous model - chassis, however, was the same design as the one from 1965.

I noticed there are several suppliers of repair panels and, as always, there is ebay where you can get whole beds. Would you like me to look into that for you?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No, I've already looked and will continue on my own. Thanks anyhow.

Not a problem.

Thank you for using our site.