Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

2000 ford expedition shakes violently at ghway speed when a

Customer Question

2000 ford expedition shakes violently at highway speed when a bump is hit. Upper and lower ball joints have been replace on both sides as well as the inner and outer tie rod ends. Alignment has been done. Still does the same thing.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Sway bar bushings? Wheel bearings if*****or hubs if***** Suspension? Steering gear box? Were these all checked for they can cause the issues as well.

Do you have larger tires or rims than the stock ones? That will cause the issue for the added stress. To resolve, a steering damper gets added.

If you have rear air suspension, you could have one leaking.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
As far as i know all parts on the front end were replaced. Only happens when hitting a bump. After slowing down shaking stops and after accelerating rides normal.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

Sounds like suspension or sway bars/bushings to me. I would have those points checked.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
suspension all checked. bushings all new
Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

Then I'm not sure what else to check...

I'm going to opt out for someone else that will have areas to check.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

Would you like me to try and help?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help. Have you checked for damage from within the steering gear.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris