Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I want to fix the idle in my truckf150 4.6l but i can find

Customer Question

I want to fix the idle in my truckf150 4.6l but i can find where is it please if you can help me
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

At operating temp is it idling high or low in park or is the idle speed going up and down?

Normal idle is 750-850 rpms.

Any codes stored or is the vehicle behind on any maintenance?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
P0506 code

Thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It goes up

Thanks, ***** ***** idle goes up in park. What does it go up to?

Is the vehicle behind on any maintenance?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When i start the truck and turn on the air/ ac the truck shakes and it losses power

I am trying to provide more than just the diagnostic steps from Ford for this code unless that is all you want.

1. Is the vehicle behind on any maintenance?
  2. While driving does it ever misfire?
  3. In park at operating temp what is the min and max rpm
  4. in park at operating temp with the AC on what is the min and max rpm?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i took it to someone so they can scan it and they told me it was the idle air control and all i want to know its where does it goes
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It doesnt show the rpm but it shuts off

Thanks for letting me know what your needing from me.

They told me it was the idle air control and all i want to know its where does it goes.

Your vehicle does not have an idle air control valve. Unless it is a 04 Heritage that looks like the 03 F150. If it's the new body style then it has a electronic throttle body. The Heritage and 03 and prior F150's had a IAC valve. In the event this is an 04 Heritage, then the IAC is mounted on the cable driven throttle body on the top of the engine.

If you're confused on what to do now or later. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No i went to autozone and they told me that it goes on the truck. When they scanned it they gave me a code and i took it to autozone and they sold me that part assuring me that it is the right one.

Take into consideration. Auto Zone employees sale parts they do not work on cars. They are correct, an 04 F150 can have an IAC if its a heritage model. If it is a 04 F150 and its not a heritage then no it does not have an IAC. If you need pictures from Ford to prove this, let me know.

Do you have a heritage F150, if you do not know, can I get the vin#?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris