Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I'm short 5'1 and I can't reach the pedals in my new F150.

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I'm short 5'1 and I can't reach the pedals in my new F150. Couldn't afford the moving pedals and was sold on the telescoping steering wheel, well after driving about 1000 miles the current set up isn't going to work. I don't like most of the after market add-ons as my husband is nearly 6 foot and this will make it difficult for him to drive the truck when needed. Need a fix.
JA: How has the car been driving lately? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: What do your questions have to do with my question?
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2016 Ford F150 super cab
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I don't see an aftermarket appliance that is not permanent that I would trust.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: guess not, I'm a disabled vet and mobility issues always raise their ugly little heads, so something that won't put a cramp in my back and neck... :)
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike S. replied 3 months ago.

Have you considered or priced going back to the dealer to having the adjustable brake pedal option installed?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 3 months ago.

If you have and don't want, how about an adjustable pedal extension, like this