Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

1998 F150 3 door, 4x4, No, want a mechanic unless the

Customer Question

Hi Pearl,
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 1998 F150 3 door, 4x4
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, want a mechanic unless the problem is an easy fix. I have no power, no gauges, no windows, etc. The battery is new and the fluids are fine.
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: Consistent. No power at all. I tried to start it and heard what sounded like a "pop". Then I had no power at all.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

If you take your 12 volt test light and or a volt meter and check the fuses in the under hood fuse panel, do any of them have power?