rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

1979 ford f100 with 4 barrel holloy want start after sating

Customer Question

1979 ford f100 with 4 barrel holloy want start after sating over night.checked for fuel going to carburter good .cleaned with choke cleaner starts after putting gas in carburter running great .cut off then start again next day want start .turn key quick sound like it my start then will not start turning over fine.
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though, please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

Either the choke plate/spring is set wrong, too rich or too lean, OR, the fuel in the bowl is being lost while it sits a long time and it takes a bit of time to refill the bowl from the fuel pump. Check to see if the choke plate is closing and with a mild spring tension while closed. Also make sure that it is not wide ope too. Either condition will cause this.

Thanks, Ron