Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Have 98 mustang 3.8. ac clutch not engaging. Checked fuses,

Customer Question

have 98 mustang 3.8. ac clutch not engaging. Checked fuses, ok, bypassed lo and hi switch, nothing. Jumped clutch from battery and engaged and blowing cold air. Replace relay control module and still no clutch engagement
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

The most common cause for your AC clutch to not engage providing the system is full and the Freon pressure readings are okay is caused in most cases by a failing CCRM ( Constant Control Relay Module). Before you consider replacing it you should check the signal in and out of it. I have enclosed the steps in the link below to do this.

Run the test steps and I suspect your going to find the CCRM has failed . Post back if you have more questions and or need more help.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
As I stated in my post, I replaced CCRM and still no clutch
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Okay did you check the signal in and out of it as shown in the steps I sent you?

Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

If not then that the next steps.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
your saying check the new ccrm for voltage?
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Yes Thats what Im saying start with step 2 through four and lets see the results you find. Start fist with making sure you have power in and out of the AC pressure cycling switch on the pink and dark blue/yellow wire from fuse 6.