Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

BRAKE LIGHT INDICATOR WILL GO ON EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE THEN

Customer Question

BRAKE LIGHT INDICATOR WILL GO ON EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE THEN GO OFF. I HAVE PULLED BACK ON THE EMERGENCY RELEASE HANDLE IN THE LOWER LEFT OF THE DASH. SOMETIMES IT GOES OFF OTHER TIMES IT DOES NOT . JUST HAD A STATE INSPECTION DONE 3 WKS AGO. 81,000 MILES 2006 FORD 150
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: NO
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Ford Mechanic to figure that out. What is the model of your '06 Ford?
Customer: F150
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: NOT FIXING IT MYSELF . HAVE ONLY TRIED TO RELEASE EMERGENCY BRAKE HANDLE IN THE LOWER LEFT OF THE DASH.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: THOUGHT IT MAY BE DUE TO A 80,000 MILE CHECK.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 9 months ago.

There are a couple things that can set the "brake" light on the dash. First, check the level of the brake fluid in the reservoir under the hood. If the level is low, check the thickness of the brake pads/shoes. If the brakes check ok, the system should be checked for leaks. If the brake fluid level is good and there are no leaks, the fluid level sensor and the parking brake sensor will need to be tested for proper operation. If you found this answer helpful, please help me by leaving a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open and you did not leave a rating , so I wanted to check in and see if there was anything else I could do for you on this issue? Did you have any other questions? Was there something I missed that you wanted addressed? If you have no further questions and simply forgot to leave a rating, please take a second and use the stars at the top of the page to rate our Q&A session. Thank-you!