Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Steering and ignition is locked. Close to 150k. Never

Customer Question

Steering and ignition is locked.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: Close to 150k. Never happened before.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2004 XLT
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried various things, turning key and steering at the same time. It must be the steering lock pin.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Was perfectly fine until I got in the car. The break is stiff. I am able to move the gear shift.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Sometimes the steering becomes locked with so much resistance on it, that you have to raise both front wheels off the ground to relieve the tension so you can turn the key. If that also fails to work then its the ridges on the key worn down or the ignition lock cylinder tumblers faulty. Try your spare key, if it too fails then you will need to have the cylinder drilled out so a new one can be installed that is built to match your coded keys.

If you're confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris