Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

I replaced the cluster & computer on my 2000 ford Windstar

Customer Question

I replaced the cluster & computer on my 2000 ford Windstar buy them in a junk Yard. but now it won't start just the theft light blinks many times
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

You have to program the computer and the cluster to your keys. When you made the changes, the software and key information no longer matches and the keys are not able to be seen.

Unfortunately there is no way around it. There are many people that have tried and no luck so far.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
First I changed the cluster only but when I turned the key on The cluster was showing nothing, then I replaced the computer from the same vehicle, same thing nothing on the cluster, I checked the fuses , and one of them was blown up ,I replace it , and the cluster came on, but still no start with the key, just the theft lite flashes many times, but again nothing ,Again first I did the replacement without disconnecting the battery , then I decided replace the cluster and the computer from the same vehicle, least the cluster came on, however the problem , was the fuse that I replaced. I think the first time and the first cluster was damaged because ,I did not disconnect the battery, besides also the computer was damaged , then I returned the cluster and pulled out the cluster and computer from the same vehicle. that's when the cluster came on that after ,I replaced the fuse, Thanks .Respectfully Raul
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

Yep, it lost the programming and the computer needs to be programmed. Only Ford can do that or someone with the Ford IDS tool that has programming capabilities.