Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

My 2013 fusion won't start. When trying to start it shuts

Customer Question

My 2013 fusion won't start. When trying to start it shuts off after a few seconds. It says it's doing system maintenance but it never finishes
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: No. It just makes the clicking noise. The battery came with the car in 2013
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've tried using my jump box to try and get it going. It's still charging now.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

To make sure I understand correct. You turn the key to the start position, the engine cranks, then the engine starts, but the engine stalls after a few seconds?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help. With the current info this looks to be a faulty throttle body.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris