Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician
3195632

I just put my donut on my front left wheel. When I was

Customer Question

I just put my donut on my front left wheel. When I was taking off the previous tire and putting on the new one, I had to fight it a bit. Now it's make a noise. Like metal rubbing against metal.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is this the first time you're dealing with this issue?
Customer: Yes. 72995
JA: What is the model of your '70995 Ford?
Customer: 2012 SE focus
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Not much. I was listening while driving around where I changed it. I'm afraid I'm going to mess something up.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not really.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.

HI,

Ok, you need to jack the front end up and see if the wheel is loose, as you really have to torque down on the bolts for the donut wheel due to is design. If ok, then turn the steering wheel so tire is pointed inward all the way and check the brake dust shield behind the brake rotor. You may have bent it while fighting to get the wheel off. If it is bent, take some pliers or a screwdriver and bend it back. This is the most likely problem

Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?