Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

I have a 2010 F150 Lariat with auto climate. The Ac clutch

Customer Question

I have a 2010 F150 Lariat with auto climate. The Ac clutch will not engage but I do have Freon in the system. Fuse under hood is good. Any idea?
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: Air conditioner clutch not transmission
JA: What is the model of your '10 Ford?
Customer: f150 5.4l lariat
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: has Freon and the 10 amp ac clutch fuse is good
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

A bad pressure switch will prevent the compressor from coming on. You need a good set of manifold ac gauges to check the pressures. Also you need to check voltage at the compressor, you could have a bad ac clutch. Check the ac relay as well, it is in the under hood fuse box, with the ac on remove and install it and it should click while putting in back in.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, please rate at the top of the screen. We can continue to work on your question, rating does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have. Thanks Dan

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
where are the pressure switches? I haven't found the accumulator on this year? I do have some experience with both auto repair and ac work. just not familiar with this year and model.
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

pressure switch should be on the low side ac line near the compressor, it will have a connector on it with 2 wires.