Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles
45790705

I just bought a 1996 mustang GT convertible and the windows

Customer Question

Hi I just bought a 1996 mustang GT convertible and the windows don't adjust to fit under the top. When I get in, I have to let the window down to fit under the top but when I get out the window hits the top and when closing the door the glass is on top of the convertible top leaving a gap so when it rains it leaks in the car. Can you please tell me how to fix this problem. Thanks Renee Hardy
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

"If the window loses its calibration, your short drop feature will lower the window, but will not raise it again when the door is closed. To re calibrate the window, pull the switch up to raise the window until it completes its travel and hold the switch up for 2 seconds. Perform the short drop re calibration with the doors closed only. Re calibrating with the doors open will cause the window to continuously bounce back.

Please let me know if that work for you , if not we need to do something different

Thank You
Chad Farhat

if that don't work you need another window regulator motor , the logic system for this feature is integrated inside the window motor ,so if re calibration don't fix it needs replacement

Hope I was helpful to you , please let me know if you need anything else on this issue

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post will stay open for you to come back and ask me any follow up questions you may have on this issue even after you rate me

Chad Farhat