Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

I have a 2009 Ranger (with small rear doors). The driver's

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have a 2009 Ranger (with small rear doors). The driver's side rear door ajar activates whenever I turned sharply to the right. I know the doors are closed. How do I get at the ajar sensor?
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: The sensor is the one for the driver's side rear door. When it goes off, my dome light comes on, and the indicator comes on on the dash.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm hoping to fix it myself. I have only tried lubricating the rear door latch
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 3 months ago.

Hello, the door pops open or the door ajar light just comes on during turns, how are you sure it is that particular door?

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

The door ajar switch inside the door on the latch has no adjustment. So if lubricating did not help then replacing the switch will not either. The concern is the body flexing. The door hinges and or strikers need to be adjusted so the door shuts tighter.

If you're confused on what to do now or later. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris