Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609

How to adjust brakes on a 2001 ford e150

Customer Question

how to adjust brakes on a 2001 ford e150
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

You don't. They should be disc brakes and they adjust on their own as you pump them. If they are not doing so, there is a fault in the calipers that needs to be checked and replaced.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
right but both front and right rear are so hot you could fry an egg on after 5 stops the left rear is normally warm
Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

There is an issue with the master cylinder not releasing the brakes, and issue with the caliper pins, or the calipers themselves. There is no adjusting of them.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ill get back to you
Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

Be sure to rate for I did answer the question you asked or I get nothing for my time.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.