Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

I have replaced the neutral safety switch in my 01 Ford

Customer Question

I have replaced the neutral safety switch in my 01 Ford Explorer Sport track because of intermittent starting. Now that I have this new switch in, it's not doing anything.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Yes I have a new battery.
JA: What year is your Explorer Sport?
Customer: 2001
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I replaced the battery and nothing. I was going to replace the key switch, but I talked to a locksmith about programming it. He said he could program the switch but that's probably not going to fix the problem. I then started looking at the NSS because of what he said.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I have checked several fuses and relays also.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Is the theft light flashing when you turn the key to the start or does the light go out?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Theft light is flashing
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

That means it isn't reading the key and the key programming is needed. That locksmith was incorrect.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.