Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

2014 escape. Has no electrical power except brake lights.

Customer Question

2014 escape. Has no electrical power except brake lights. Battery is showing about 13v and there's nothing lit inside the passenger comp.
JA: Have you checked the brake light switch? How about the fuses?
Customer: Fuses are all good, the brake lights are the only electrical part working.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: First tried to charge battery, then checked and cabin power with charger attached with no success. Check ignition fuses and all is good.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: This vehicle was just purchased about a week ago with 24k miles. The car needed a jump start at the dealership and boosted fine. The car has had no problems since that day.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP