Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609

I have a 2004 Ford Freestar that only had 470,000 miles on

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Ford Freestar that only had 470,000 miles on the original engine before she croaked. I had been using it as a pilot car regularly. I was doing errands when she decided not to start. I had it towed to the Ford garage in Wayland,Michigan. They told me that she croaked because she now has oil in her antifreeze overflow. The dipstick still shows clean oil. They wont touch it but wont say why. What happened to her. i had just put new plugs and changed the oil less than 200 miles before. I had done all of the maintence by the book which is probably why she lasted as long as she did.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Cracked head or cracked block. That is why they won;t touch it because they fear they will need to do a full rebuild on the engine.

you got good miles out of it for most don't even make it passed 300k miles.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thanks, ***** ***** had offered an engine/tranny combo for $5000 but I went and bought something else. have a nice weekend
Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

That is a lot when they can pull the engine from another vehicle for less than $200 used.

You're welcome. I am jealous and wish I could have gotten that mileage out of my last vehicle. That is great mileage and to not have it go sooner.