Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

2013 F150. the driver's and both rear windows won't operate

Customer Question

2013 F150. the driver's and both rear windows won't operate from the main drivers switch or the switch on the doors. the passenger's window operates only from the switch on it's door.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

You could try swapping the switch from pass rear to drivers rear. To rule out the switch. It is possible you have a bad main switch and drivers rear window switch. Also check for broken wires in the rear door bellows boots that are located in the door jams. These wires often break causing this type of problem.

Please let me know if you have any more questions. Thanks.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
youre saying swap out the passengers front (the only one that's working) with any other switch?
FYI, this happened after I cracked all the windows slightly and turned off my truck. after about 2 hours when I returned to open them all is when it stopped functioning....
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Does it have the auto up/down feature? is it working?

Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Look for broken wires in the drivers front door rubber boot.

Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

swapping the switch will not work in this case.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the passenger side front window has auto up/down and it is working from the passenger side switch, not the driver's side.
I looked at the wiring and attached is a pic. Should all these wires be solid? It looks like one has been repaired in the past....could it be the culprit?
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

reset the auto feature on the drivers window. roll window down and hold button down for 5 seconds, roll window up and hold for 5 seconds.

Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

That could be the problem.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ill try that. I pulled off the piece of electrical tape that was on the wire and there was not a repair evident...
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the driver's side window will not roll down....the same with the rear windows either from the main switch or the individual switches...
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

You have a bad master switch. The rears get their power through it.

Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Test the switch with a multimeter for continuity.