rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

1994 ford f53 7.5L gas, starter would kick in with no key in

Customer Question

1994 ford f53 7.5L gas, starter would kick in with no key in ignition switch and in the off position. Started engine, and pulled starter lead off of starter solenoid. Engine ran for approximately 10 minutes, then died. Now will now crank. Have power to solenoid and starter.
JA: Has the car been stalling out? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: It is a motorhome on an f53 chassis
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked starter, starter solenoid.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: starter and fuel pump have been replaced just prior to breakdown, and seemed to be performing well.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though,Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

I think you have a bad ignition switch, symptoms are just like yours.

Thanks, Ron