My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.
I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.
We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!
When this was done, was there other items done like the orifice tube and the accumulator? If not, replace them. It will hold the warranty on the compressor and it will also make the system perform better.
Do you have manifold gauges? What are your pressures?
You mentioned you might have mised a step. I will list the steps in case.
1) Recover refrigerant
2) Remove old compressor
3) If compressor sent metal in the system, replace condensor
4) Remove orifice tube/expansion valve and accumulator then flush the lines with A/C solvent
5) Replace o-rings and put compressor back on.
6) Replace orings and replace orifice tube, install accumulator last
7) Vacuum system for 1 hour
8) let vacuum test idel for 10 minutes and see if there is vacuum loss indicating leak
9) Charge system to spec with proper oil added via the A/C machine
10) Start vehicle and monitor pressures to make sure the system is operating normally and the engine fan is engaging properly.
If you did those steps, see what the pressures are to make sure the system isn't showing sings of being low or overcharged. If you are good here, then check the voltage going to the pressure switches and then check for power going to the A/C clutch and ground. Be sure ti check the fuses ads well just to make sure one didn;t ground out from the old compressor going bad since there was no mention of how it failed.
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.
Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,
they are not the site feedback.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!