Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

My 06 ford Explorer continues to have a misfire problem.

Customer Question

My 06 ford Explorer continues to have a misfire problem. I've located and changed the coil over pack on at least 4. It was over a couple years. Now I know these should take foreveresponsibility basically. Well warranties for a year I thok.think
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 3 months ago.

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

do you know the code???

you can have them read for free at a parts store. that will help narrowing down the area of concern

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It was a code for rich exhaust sensor on exhaust. REnlaces as well as multiple coil over plugs packs. Coil packs are getting rusty as well as plugs. Also am losing coolant and not sure where because it's not coming out on the ground. Also exhaust seems to be spitting out a lot of moisture. It actually drips water. Which is normal for a little. I've checked cylinder compression and holds pressure at spec as well as no difference between cylinders.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will pull another scan to get current codes. Then get back to you
Expert:  roy replied 3 months ago.