Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

Bamaman, where are you located? I have a similar issue with

Customer Question

hi Bamaman, where are you located? I have a similar issue with my F350 Diesel power stroke with exhaust filter cleaning frequently
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
BTW - the 'Check Engine' light is on (again)
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

That expert is not available.

Is this in reference to another posted question? I can't see it.

Can you advise me to what is going on and a link to the question you are referencing? Thanks.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not sure what you already know :)
I have an F350 2010 with 144k on it. Diesel. Bought it 1 year ago. Have had the 'Exhaust Filter' cleaning going on many times. Now the 'Check engine' light is on (again). Had my 'old' mechanic look at it, but he is not a Truck Diesel expert.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
6.4 Power Stroke
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

On the check engine light, did you get that after the regen light kept coming on or did it pop up followed by the regen light? I ask because these trucks tend to have sensor issues and when the regen is being done often, eitehr there is a sensor issue and you are getting the check engine light for that or there is an issue with the filter itself. The filter may just have too much soot in it and it needs to be "baked" where we remove the filter and use a chemical to clean it, then bake it for 8 hours while the chemical breaks all the soot down. It is like installing a new filter when we are one and runas about $300 to do.

However, if there is a sensor issue going on, then it won't matter for if the sensor isn't replaced/repaired, it will just keep doing what it is doing. The regen won;t run long enough or get hot enough to do the cleaning while driving like the truck is designed to do.

My suggestion at this point, if the vehicle is driveable and not in a limp mode, is to scan the vehicle fo the codes to narrow down the issue to see why the check engine light is on. Autozone does free scans and I suggest trying there first before Ford. If they can;t read it, then I would have Ford do it while also having them do a "forced" regen so you get the free diagnostic out of it. If you are going to pay for the hour, might as well have them regen the vehicle for the same cost.

If your mechanic can pull codes, have him do the code pull for you and then we can narrow it down for you some more.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.