James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified

I am exploring what my problem is power door locks seem very

Customer Question

Hello: I am exploring what my problem is for my power door locks seem very weak now after I removed the dash to replace the heater core. The left door now has quit locking/unlocking but the right door some time still work but weak not like before for they would thump hard up or down. So I am looking to what is inside the door if I have to replace a power part. so can you help me diagnose what my problem is,,is it power part going out or would it be a rematching with the power remots
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: no and there i163K
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: sorry 1999 f150 Ford
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: well yes fix myself maybe,,for I replaced the heater core had to remove the dash I put in 27 year in assembly Plant in Claycomo, MO
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: all was working good after replacing the heater core but there is one thing I did pull three wire apart I found as I replacing the dash I finally found where the wire for interreior lights and horn to start working again but I don't think that has anything to do with the power door locks getting weaker they still function but they won't quit unlock/lock the doors like they used to the passenger side will occasionally fail to lock/unlock the door but driver door moves a little but will not lock/unlock that door.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 3 months ago.

The door locks locking and unlocking is due to the door locking mechanism. The parts were redesigned also to correct this failure as well. They usually always fail in pairs for no reason at all. Replacing the door lock actuator is what you need to correct your concern.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Man wow did I feel getting screwed in this deal just to ask a live question is another $26????????? I want to stop right now this membership and do not bill me again. I wanted to ask if he could send me a schematic of the inside parts etc. and what part is the actuator and if they correct this failure then why don't they do it?????? What a big rip off, not one word with the mechanic LOL Please stop this membership now ! Not worth it to me and not talk to the EXPERT ! an expert is a has-been. JR
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Well I am not 100% satisfied either,,I feel like I been scammed... wow LOL William
Expert:  James replied 3 months ago.

I'm confused why you feel like you are being scammed

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hey man pay another $26 dollars and not feel satisfied,,no way...... I have already paid and never got to talk With Mr James. I am not staying with this member ship now for sure hell if I talked to someone my bill would be sky high so I should just take it to the car dealer in the first place..LOL
Expert:  James replied 3 months ago.

I didn't ask you to pay another 26 dollars. I gave you the correct answer as to what the failure was. After all of these years your calling me a has been. Thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thank you good bye JR