Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

My dad has a 2004 mercury mountaineer. the ac just quit

Customer Question

my dad has a 2004 mercury mountaineer. the ac just quit blowing and the seatbelt dummy light and sound quit working at the same time
JA: Have you checked the Freon level? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: we figured it was a fuse but don't know which one to look at... owners manual not helpful
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 5 months ago.

Hi there.

We never know what is on a customer's mind when they post these requests. So please don't get upset if I ask you...

• are you looking for us to provide you with a chart that will identify all the fuses and their location?
  • are you seeking technical guidance in diagnosing why the blower and the seat belt warning don't work? If yes, do you have access to and know how to use an automotive multimeter?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Well I looked at the chart in the manual and it didn't show where the correct fuse would be. Any guidance to the problem would be appreciated as my dad is sick so I'm doing this. I do not have access to a multimeter

I'm sorry to hear about your dad and hope he gets well soon :)

There are two fuses protecting the blower motor circuit; a 40 Amp fusible link in the fuse box near the battery and a 5 Amp fuse in the fuse box on the left lower side of the dash. Please see attached graphics.

If that doesn't do it, then you would need that multimeter for me to provide technical guidance on how to diagnose the issue.

Best Regards.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Neither are blown

Sorry to hear that. Please know that I'll be here ready to guide you through a systematic diagnosis if you decide to get that multimeter.

Best Regards.