Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist
9600325

I have a ford edge 2012. the engine light came on. The code

Customer Question

I have a ford edge 2012. the engine light came on . The code I am getting is P0456. Evap leak - small leak. Any ideas? want to fix my self if easy.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have any warning codes popped up?
Customer: 95,000
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: yes. Car shuts off during idleing. Trottle body I suspect. Ford will not include in the recall . Vin is not include yet. although many other ford models include the edge are having the same problem (and there are recalls on those other models like the Escape etc..)
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Any thoughts?
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

Most common for the P0456 is the canister purge valve sticking open, which can also be your stalling concern if it sticks open far enough. Second most common is the filler neck not sealing, a smoke machine would be needed to verify that.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 4 months ago.

Here is a diagram, very easy to change.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/thcvea8m84lh7z0/purge.pdf?dl=0

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again,

If you need further assistance please feel free to reply and we can continue. Otherwise please take a moment to rate my answer as you see fit. After rating, the thread is still available should you need further assistance. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Thanks,

Kenny Z

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 4 months ago.

Is there a reason you keep viewing my replies without rating or responding?

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again,

I was reviewing some of my older questions and noticed I was never compensated for this question because it was not rated. If it was your intention to not rate me and use my services free of charge then I will accept that as a free service I provided and move on.

Thanks,

Kenny Z