Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician
94707146

Service engine soon light goes on and off, No I 't, 2006 f

Customer Question

Service engine soon light goes on and off
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No I don't
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Ford Mechanic to figure that out. What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2006 f 750
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

The first step to diagnosing your concern is getting the codes with a scan tool. You most likely have an emission code, since the light comes on then goes off. You have readiness monitors that are performed during drive cycles, and it sounds like you have an intermittent problem.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, please rate at the top of the screen. We can continue to work on your question, rating does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have. Thanks Dan

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Cuppola days back why turbo went out I ended up buying the new turbo and they told me there was no oil in the turbo I'm afraid to drive it just think C Cuppola days back why turbo went out I ended up buying the new turbo and they told me there was no oil in the turbo I'm afraid to drive it just think case there's no oil going to the turbo
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Do you think it has anything to do with the turbo
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

The problem is that when the old turbo failed it sent a lot of metal shavings through the motor, those particles will enter the new turbo. They should have drained the oil, and pulled the pan and cleaned. Then flush the engine before putting on the new turbo.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means it’s no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. Please use the 5 star rating system at the top of the screen, it would be appreciated. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars, please let me know why and what I can do to help you more. I do not get compensated for my time unless you rate me.

Thanks Dan