Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician
94707146

My 2004 Ford Explorer back seat will not unfold so I am

Customer Question

My 2004 Ford Explorer back seat will not unfold so I am looking for instructions on how to fix it. the seat lever is stripped.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, I am hoping to fix it myself and I have done nothing but research so far - I am reading that I will have to remove the seat completely from the truck to get at the release cable
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

The rear seat handles commonly break on your vehicle, you can order replacement handles, the cables can stretch as well. You will need to remove the seat, this will make it easier to work on. Not a hard job if you are handy and have some tools.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, please rate at the top of the screen. We can continue to work on your question, rating does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have. Thanks Dan